31. You Are an Educator
1) Who and where are you? Please comment in the guestbook below. Feel free to share links to relevant projects in the comments section.
2) Click here to see what students have to say.
3) Are you familiar with the difference between the Scientific Method and the Engineering Design Process? Are your students?
4) You believe that games can be used to tackle serious problems in society (link to louisiana section) and you want to know how to implement such a program in the classroom (link to Game Camp).
5) You’re not yet convinced but want to know more?
6) Educators are under pressure to change quickly in destabilizing environments, but you never thought robots in the classroom would be among the issues.
7) What is the value of exploring virtual worlds?
8) Students can visit a virtual version of Ancient Mesopotamia modeled after authentic archeological finds from the physical world.
9) How can educators connect with a local, regional, national or global education community via social media?
10) What grants are available for educators?
11) Students need to be prepared for 21st century skills.
12) All fifty states in the United States are struggling with various crises and at the same time educators are expected to meet the sudden demands of the modern education and work environment. Instead of waiting too long to start experimenting, Iowa is taking the first steps toward a new approach.